1.30.2008

And then there was me.

First things first, I am going to miss President Hinckley! He has had a profound impact on my life, and I am so grateful that we all had such a wonderful example to look to for so long! I absolutely loved his sense of humor and quick wit. I also loved the twinkle he'd get in his eye when he'd crack a joke. I'm not going to lie though, I am so happy that he gets to be with his cute wife again, and rest for a little while! I also think it is neat to watch the church continue to move forward. But I have such respect and love for President Hinckley, and will miss him dearly.

On Saturday we had a big company-wide meeting at the WSU Davis Campus. This meeting is once a year and generally consists of various people speaking: usually a guest speaker, 4 senior vice presidents (the CEO, CFO, COO, and IT Manager), one vice president, and this year... me. Lovely. I was scared silly because we have almost 300 employees and this is a pretty formal meeting. I have had a really rough winter (bronchitis-which I got the week before Thanksgiving and still have...) and didn't have much of a voice at all. I got up to the podium and made some joke about how I would be talking about the wellness program but was obviously sick and everyone thought it was super funny. I forgot how much people appreciate even small attempts at humor during meetings like that. So it's been a really fun week and I've been working hard on the wellness program. Did I mention that I am officially the wellness coordinator at my place of employment? I have been doing a little mini program with people who signed up since last August, but now it's official and includes all employees and I even have a budget! Wahoo! I can't believe how much fun I am having with it. Anyway, off to the cabin again this weekend, so I've included a picture of our last trip!

1 comments:

Stacy said...

Love, Love, Love President Hinckley!! I want to go to the cabin too! Lucky! It looks so pretty. I am super jealous of your upcoming trip to the land of magic.